Thursday 10 February 2022

Instant Gratification

A few weeks ago, I did a quick project of some wrist warmers from a random ball of Kureyon that I found in my WIP storage.  


I wear these at night and have found that it makes a huge difference in the way my hands feel.  I don't have arthritis but I have age related aches and pains, and keeping the pulse points on my hands warm while I sleep makes a huge difference in how fast they recover from a good long day of knitting or of anything really.  I like to have two good pairs on hand so that one pair can be in the wash and the other pair in use.  

When I made this set, I think I was in a bit of a hurry.  They are a bit short and they did okay, but it has been slowly building up so that my hands were feeling achy even when I wore them all night.  A new pair was required.

When I was digging in my stash the other day, I came upon some Zarina, a fingering weight yarn that has been discontinued.  It was a great kids yarn, supremely superwash and was really great for mitts and hats and baby things. I had it in my sale bins at some former garage sale, but it was still here after the end of the day.  When I saw the Zarina on my dig, I knew it was perfect for what I wanted, a good, easy care pair of wristers.


There was plenty there to double strand, which gave me a kind of funky sock monkey vibe. (Oh  NO, not that again) and I knew there was lots of yarn for a few more pair if I so desired.  By doubling the yarn, I can knit my regular number of rows and stitches and have a good close fit.


And there you go.  In the blink of an eye, a spare pair of wristers.  I may knit one more pair soon just for fun and I am debating if I should repeat this exactly or if I ought to go red at the top and bottom and the marl look in the middle.  Or maybe two row stripes?  Or red with a white or red with a black?  Lots of choices.

No comments: