Wednesday 16 February 2022

Seasonal Miasma

Some knitting happened.  I think it is midwinter miasma as much as anything but I just want to sleep.  I am trying to keep my knitting interesting and challenging but not impossible.  

What I have most enjoyed the last couple days, is this.


Not so much, but you can start to feel the colourwork beginning to happen.

I remember when this happened with Brian's Lichen vest.  Once you had things established it just seemed to hum. Once it hummed it moved along with great gusto and in the end, it felt as if it took no time at all.  It did take time, but it didn't feel like much.  

I hope that is what will happen here.  I am still working on using just one hand to tension the yarn.  I can see it will have advantages in some situations, like frequent single stitch changes, but overall, it remains to be seen.  For now, I am following Arne and Carlos and just giving it a shot.  

And with a wee bit of luck, this challenge will take that miasma and mash it.  

No comments: