Thursday 17 February 2022

A little for the brain, a little to clothe the body, a little just for fun.

Each morning, I have been getting up, having coffee and knitting for a couple of hours.  I am working diligently on my colourwork right now.  




I am simply in love with my choice of colours.  The very soft blue does not show off my colourwork, but I am not so sure that really is what I was looking for those eons ago when I bought the yarn.  What it does do is tell a story of sorts, very quietly and on its own terms.  It isn't about the flash.  It is about the gentleness of it and the warmth of the yarns.  And I adore that.

It doesn't look like a lot but each day, I get two or three rows and I find that I am sort of worn out by the counting and the careful knitting.  Each row is getting a wee bit faster as more is knit.  The longer the completed section is, the easier to read where you were and where you are and the more comfortable I am am. Comfortable equals faster knitting.  

I am almost midway through the first repeat.  As you work up the motifs all are knit, the stars are standing on a point of a square and on the sides, the motifs stack at an angle.  Here is the pattern page from Ravelry.  Scandinavian Star from Cheryl Oberle's Folk Vests.

Then I have been sewing a bit.  My general heel and shoe problems are making sewing not be its usual pleasant experience.  Using my right foot to control the sewing machine is a problem because that is the foot with plantar facisitis. I have shoes and proper supports but it has not been a complete solution. I have been seriously thinking of taping the foot control the the leg of the table where my knee will hit it so that my knee can control the speed.  Otherwise, daily sewing is going to be strictly limited. 

I sew for a bit and then I go back and I work on some plain knitting.  Today's was working on the Sundog.  Sigh.  It is just lovely.  

And then eventually, my brain and hands are done and I raise my feet and read Miss Silver.  She knits continental, you know and is noted to be a very fast knitter.

And that is the routine of my days this week.  A little for the brain, a little to clothe the body, a little just for fun.  

No comments: