Monday 7 February 2022

Pesto!

The weekends work that came to hand was not a pretty thing of colourwork.  


No.  It was this, which is a whole other sort of pretty thing.  Like knitting with butter.  Not really, but it is so soft and yet significantly there.  It is such a lovely yarn and the more I knit it, the more I adore the tweedyness of Pesto.  There are red bits and teal and green and blue and gold.  It is quite glorious.



I have just put the sleeves on a string and have knit one round.  I may do a couple rounds today.  It would be nice to get to the the try on point t see exactly how things are fitting, but really, I have made the choice to follow the pattern.

The one thing I am quite uncertain of is the size of the neck.  Mathematically, everything should fit fine, except for the neck.  The neck is wide.  Way wide.  Almost as wide as my shoulders.  It isn't really a huge problem.  Because it is all stockinette, I can snip and knit decreasing to a better fit without too much trouble.  However, too wide at the neck might mean that the whole garment is too wide.  I hope not.

With a little bit of luck, and sound math, checked sixteen times, I ought to be okay.  I'm just going to hold to that and look forward to a very pretty sweater that I can save for better wear, and still have a nice comfortable semi casual fit.  

No comments: