Tuesday 22 February 2022

Going for the Old Stuff

I am still slowly working my way through seasonal miasma.  But it is going better and I am generally feeling more engaged in my knitting, my sewing and everything in life.

This weekend, I pulled out an old project.  The oldest in fact. Bridgewater by Brooklyn Tweed during his association with Classic Elite and the yarn is Classic Elite Silky Alpaca lace.




It is the only project left from the before times, November 2012.  In 2017, I made a push to complete it before suffering a failure of joining a skein when I was almost done with the lace edging and only had the small border to knit. Somewhere along the line, I did get it back to midway through the first repeat of the lace border, but I have not touched it beyond that in years. I just was looking for something different, I guess, but it felt kind of nice to have it in my hands.  I did not knit much on it.  A round and a half, but I need to dig out some wooden tips. I find alpaca so slippery, too slippery for my usual metal needles.  

I worked on other things but this week will be a big sewing week.  Keith finally put my sewing space back together.  I can reach the cutting table and all the fabrics.  I know I have pants to sew, but do you know what I am really looking forward to?  dresses.  Since I sorted out the solution to dresses flying up too much (bike shorts aka short length leggings) I dream in dresses.  I may or may not have purchased another couple pieces of fabric for just such things.

No comments: