Wednesday 26 January 2022

Ugh and Amazing

Remember that voice I spoke of yesterday?  Well, I started working on the second half of the lace repeat and I realized I had a problem.  I had read the chart and knit it wrong.  Maybe the voice wasn't talking about what I thought it was talking about.  I was so disgusted with myself that I put it in the bag and just sat for a bit.  I really really did not want to pull back the mohair bits but I must and I know it.  Whatever else it will be, it will not be wrong.  

So, I took the opportunity as a sign that I am supposed to also have my Sun Dogs on the go.  The pattern is Laura Aylor at her finest.  Simple and yet kind of intriguing little stuff going on.  Its her First Point of Libra shawl.  It seems simple and it is but there is always something interesting to do.

I've just really got a good start on it, but that's okay.  I am really enjoying it.


I love the pattern and yarn combination.  The yarn for her sample sweater is a bit more speckled than this is.  My yarn could be said it is approaching a tweed yarn with it's tiny speckled bits  But oh my goodness this is lovely. 



Beyond the gentle spots of colour, the base itself is ... sublime.  It is just so soft.  Anyone who has read here for a while knows I really like the textures of lopi and Noro and handspun or mulespun type yarns.  I love a good simple yarn.  That does not mean that I do not love spots of heavenly softness.  I do and this base, the Comfort Sport from MidKnit Cravings is possibly beyond heavenly.

Today I must face the misery of frogging mohair.  There is no way out of it that I can see.  In consolation, I will have delights to work with that just ease my weary yarn filled heart .


In other news, I am going to give away my larger Christmas tree, a 5.5 foot nice sized tree for todays smaller homes and rooms.  It is a quick set sort of tree, not as quick as some i have seen but faster than many.  Lights are included.  I still love setting it up but it is such a pain taking them down.  It will just be me and a pencil tree from here on in.

No comments: