Friday 28 January 2022

My kind of fun

I had a marvelous day yesterday.  Did I mention I love knitting lace?  And knitting lace with this ethereal blend of yarns?  Heavenly.



By days end, I realized there was going to be a problem.  I am two rows into the second repeat of the lace chart.  There is a lot of knitting left to do.  Unfortunately, there is not so much mohair left.


I figure I will be about three rows short of finishing the lace section, plus, I had planned to balance the lace at the bottom with a few rows of plain knitting, to match what I had done at the top.

Both of the mohair silks I have here are still in production but part of this sweater is using up things I have to make one harmonious whole.  According to my stash, I do have one other possibility.  Somewhere deeply buried is a skein of Shibui Silk Cloud in a soft cream.  If the colours are close enough, or at least as close as using a very different dyelot than my original yarns would give me, then all will be well.  If not I must put this sweater aside till I can get another ball of either the drops Kid Silk or the Rowan Kid Silk Haze.  Or both.  They are slightly different colours after all, and I am hoping that that will help me blend and extend varieties of yarn.



Meanwhile, no matter what happens, I get to touch and feel how wonderful this blending feels.  Squishy good.  Delightfully yarny.  Delicate and strong all at the same time.



Grrrrrr

Updated.  I finally made a good sized piece, lace included to put it on longer needles.  It looked awfully large.  Many of the knitters spoke of this, probably because the lace is expansive.  And by gauge, it I  too large.  So back to the beginning.  The only reason to begin again is that it really is a nice knit and I did have all the yarns in my stash, including the bit more mohair I needed.  Maybe, in a smaller size I won't need it, but I do have it.  

No comments: