Monday 31 January 2022

Fabric rugs

I knit quite a lot yesterday on my Sundogs sweater.  But, at the end of the day I saw something really interesting.


I remember mom doing this when I was little after sewing a bunch or possibly when she was cleaning out the seasonal clothes piles.  We were pretty small.  I do recall that she sewed it together by hand though and I remember it taking a very long time.  A machine would make it all much easier though unless you had a quilting arm to extend things, the size of your rug would have to be smallish.

I am just sitting down to begin a major bunch of sewing.  A few dresses, more pants, some shirts, and even nether garments.  All are needed in my very depleted wardrobe.  And there are always scraps.  Not necessarily nice straight pieces mind, but weird stuff and bits and ends.  I am not talking about wee pieces which are really trimmings more than anything else, but larger pieces from beside a cut or the ends of things.  

I already have a ton of those kind of things now and since that I have dealt with my bag plans (though I could still make bags later) by purchasing plain ones, I am wondering what to do with the fabric ends.  I really don't like the idea of just tossing them.  

It is an interesting idea.  Even if it adds yet another thing to do to the pile of things to do. 

No comments: