Monday 24 January 2022

A Dash of This and a Splash of That

Now that my other sweater is complete, it is time to get to work on some of the things in the WIP bin.  Or not as the case may be.  


 This sweater is now ready for a try on.  Last time I picked it up I had just separated the sleeve sections so it just needed a bit of knitting time to get it so that the underarm would be stable enough for the stretch of trying it on.  I would do it right now but I left the spare yarn and the loop end needle in the living room with all the bits and pieces for knitting.  So as I am done here.

Then there is this pile of yarn.  



I did start the red stuff, some Tupa from the Mirasol project which I am using with a distinct and very striking hand dyed lace from London, that was swiped from my neice, Sasha's stash for me and some strands of soft white mohair.  


I am just two rows into the lace charts and it looks so very pretty.  I have made a few minor tweaks to the pattern and I hope dearly that it will work out. No point trying it on just yet.  Oh well.

And then this.  This is the truly stunning Pesto from Midknit Cravings.   I figured out what it is about this colourway that I love so much over an average speckle dyed yarn.  Its tiny speckes are very tweed like and I fall for tweeds left, right and centre.  


It occurred to me that like the Agate Cove blue sweater, like the Love Note Red, the pattern I have picked for the Midknit Cravings  yarn is also a simple slightly wide round neck.  Realizing this solidifies my plan to knit a henley style opening for Sun Dogs.  I was wavering a bit, but now I am sure.  I am going to need the change.  


Anyway, new things are afoot.  Project photos need to be taken of completed things but first, before any of that, before anything else at all,  my Christmas trees have to come down.  Scott and Amy and their bunch of boys, all of them came,  and we had a great afternoon playing holidays. Carter did questions the tree thing but I told him Christmas was still happening in my heart till I could see him. 





Just a little of the Christmas cheer, and holiday naps that happened around here this weekend. 

But now Christmas is done and it is time to get the trees down.  and to restore order into my sewing room.  Its been such a weird Christmas season this year.  Keith's surgery.  Then the brutal cold.  Then worries about covid as Omicron reared it's head, then possibly, though to me doubtful, having a very mild case of covid, though it sure would account for the excessive, and I do mean really excessive number of hours in the day that I slept in January.  

  

No comments: