Monday 27 September 2021

Happy

For a long time now, I have been using three of Ikea's mighty Bosnas stools/ottomans/storage cubes as my WIP storage.  They are getting quite stained and ugly looking.  And no, the stains do not wash out.  But for storage, they have been perfect.


But they didn't do everything.  As I was working on the blanket o'rama last year, I got myself a folding tv table to help with the knitting but also to colour on and to set puzzles on and for a dozen other wee things I could use one for. My living room was a wee bit crowded and disorganized and all of that needed to be moved aside to use my Cubii.  I tried a few things to solve my terrible looking footstools, but wasn't happy with the result. They still stored things okay, but the Bosnas couldn't be the wider ottoman that I wanted. I tried changing how some pices of furniture sat to see if it made things better.  But it became an irritant to always have to fold the table and tuck it under the loveseat.

I knew what I needed for resolution.  My brother has this really cool lift top coffee table, but his had a normal coffee table under it with shallow drawers and no real storage of the sort I was looking for.  I could not find what I was looking for, not even in the thousands of dollars range far outside of my price range.

I did occasioanlly find it as an ottoman, but the cost was always far more than I could spend.  And then one day, up on a side bar of something or other a wee Rona ad with exactly the thing at a price that I would pay and with shipping to my door included.



This all was going on as I was starting the big clean after summer and the timing couldn't have been better.  In fact, it advanced the big clean because I could finally deal with some other things because I  would have at least two bins available for other storage.



Lifts just perfectly too, and I love that it is just the touch of a hand to put it all away.  The biggest bonus is that it fit everything from all three WIP bins so I actually gained another bin!  Keith wanted a stool for putting his feet up for watching F1 with me.  I was happy to oblige.  Everything that was almost done or being worked on fit in the storage now, even the sock bags have a home.  

Plus the two WIP bins that are not in the living room are storing fabric from old duvet covers I am not using any more and bits of pieces of other pretty fabrics.  They will all be sewn into bags for sweater storage (I am so done with the giant ziplocs where the zip part has not been adhered to the side of the bag correctly).  I may even make bags for project storage.  But first clothing sewing.  I need that so much more.

Just felt like sharing my ottoman love.  Perfect.  

No comments: