Tuesday 3 August 2021

Quoddy Blue or Pesto?

I have a big decision coming shortly:  what to knit next.  There are so many things but there are a few that I really want to have ready before it gets too deep into winter.  

I'd like some very pretty things but I would also like some good work around the house sweaters out of sturdy yarns.  Do I go for a simple v neck raglan out of something from in my stash, some Cascade Eco perhaps, or possibly even Mission Falls 1824 Wool, with a pouch for my hands like this sweater


or do I knit something that really feeds my soul, colourwork or some twisted stitch knitting?  Feeds my soul seems to have won.  

I have two choices, to knit the Sun Dogs sweater from Laura Aylor in this gorgeous Pesto speckle from MidKnit Cravings.    
 

This one would feed my soul plus I have decided what to do with the neckline to make the sweater not be just another round neck I knit.   That is where the green comes in.  The solution?  A dicky like insert.  Maybe collar to be sewn in is a better way to think about it.  I really want something on the back of my neck.  

Or do I knit the Agate Cove Pullover by Knitwise Designs from the Quoddy Blue I brought home from my Epic Journey.  


Okay, this would also feed my soul.  It is such a pretty blue and it has some really nice colour work to go along with it.  See, here we are.  Yet another round neck.  For this one, I am just going to make the neck fit be closer with the same roll and higher in the back neck than would ordinarily be, really just a few more rows and short rows than usual.

They both appeal.  They both have strong points.  One is a sturdier yarn, one is shmaltzier.  Both are interesting knits.  Both round neck with a bit of a something different than the pattern says.  

At this point, the choice would be easy.  The blue would win because it is wound, but since I do not intend to start till the end of the week, and there will be time to wind my pretty Pesto, Sun Dogs is looking pretty good too.

It can't be before the end of the week because I am determined to sew this week and to sew a lot.  I have the things I have spoken of previously, but I also have some tops and a couple camisole like tops to get me through the rest of summer.  And if I can squeak it in, a pair of pants.  
 

No comments: