Monday 5 July 2021

There has been a bit of sewing these past few days.  There has even been knitting the last two, but with kids around it is hard to even get laundry done.  How did I do it all when my kids were little and I did everything with them around my feet in our tiny farmhouse?

But it is getting done and that counts.  If it stays normal hot rather than going all stupid hot, I plan to take something to knit at the park, at the skate park, to wherever we go.  

The yarn for the shawl came and I have been working hard on that.  I am just about to start the third corner and with a bit of luck, by the end of the day, I ought to have that complete and be going along the last side.  After that, it is one final corner and then a graft to complete it all.  Hardly nothing yet.

I am going to try to take a picture of it.  I have to get the kids to hold a corner each and go stand by the bookcases.  We tried a bit today but one corner holder lost interest.  Gi.  Nor.  Mous. 

It makes me happy though.  After intense heat last week, it was lovely to sit with the mass of this shawl draped over my legs.  Yesterday and today was delightfully chilly, just barely breaking 20 C.  

I may or may not get to writing again.  We shall see and I may or may not have much to say, but I am sure that if I finish something, I will talk anyway.




No comments: