Wednesday 7 July 2021

Nuthin to see here.

I am working to get the giant shawl done and work is progressing on the Breezeway  Today my knitting goal is to work steadily on the edging to get past the corner.  I am hoping for a photo though I may have to negotiate for help from the kids.

I did however, do what I said I wasn't going to do, and I bought more fabric. I know.  Shoot me now, but I am enjoying the sewing so much and really, looking at the tops and tshirts I own, really looking at them critically, they are awful.  I ought to have no idea why I did not replace them sooner other than all my clothes were 'good'  Be aware though, that this 'good' is coming from a person who is only barely past clothes having two stages, 'good' and painting pants.

I bought four really nice pieces for tops.  Two are the lovely madras cottons that my wonderful dress is made of but with much gentler colours, 

                                        

and two are rayon poplin prints, one a strongly coloured black, red and white, and the other a brilliant blue and orange plaid. 

                                          

The red, white and black plaid is a bit of an accident.  I thought I had taken it off the list, but I think I must have back arrowed instead of updating the order file.   It isn't a big deal, since the three meters only cost $15.30  and with three metres, I will be able to make a Torrens Box Top and if I cut carefully and save all the bits to make the straps, the Nullabor cami.  If I use black for interfacings and sleeve bands or straps on both, I will even have enough to do a collar for Box Top.   

I did order some more pants fabric, but this is a wee bit special.  Most of the fabric I bought so far has been with the thought of casual pants for 99 percent of my life.  This fabric is purchased in the hope that I can make a pair that is dressier.  Really, I ought to have one article of clothing that I could wear anywhere including those occasions that simply demand it.  I do have one really good sweater, my Lipstick sweater, 


and having something to wear with it might be wise.  I used to wear my linen pants with it but the linen I have on hand now is woven with a white warp and a black weft.  It looks just a bit too casual for dressy wear somehow.  Plus, I have that saved for a pair of pants to wear with some lovely striped linen for a shirt.

To take care of that problem, this order had some deeply black rayon polyester.  It is a fabric which should drape wonderfully but stay crisp looking and that will be easy wash and wear. Perfect for summer and okay for winter with tights.

The other thing that was on this last order was elastic.  Yup tons of elastic.  The elastic was the most expensive thing on the list!  But I need a fair bit of it for new undies that are on my list.  It seems you always need elastic.

So, lots to say in a very move along, nuthin to see here sort of way.  


No comments: