Monday 7 June 2021

Two Steps Forward!

I had a great knitting weekend.  After sorting out sleeve one on Saturday, I made it halfway through the second sleeve before the end of the day.  That was completed in the blink of an eye Sunday morning and I did a good try on before putting the bottom back on the needles.


I am really pleased.  The neckline is just what I was hoping for, even though it looked so wide before the edging was on with the stokinette shouders rolling up all the time.  It is exactly what I wanted.

Even better, I think the back will work.  I am doing some dramatic increasing and I am hoping for some deeply draping waves of fabric.  It seems to hang how I wanted and only time will tell if it will look right as I add more length.  The plan is to place a small band with buttons on either end somewhere midback to pull the fabric together just enough so that the back becomes the real focus of the top so the back is a cascade of gently draping waves.  Think like we used to put skinny ties on blouses in the 70's.  That is the vision.  We shall see if it works in fact.

I added a healthy bit to the bottom length before the days end.  It was just such a good knitting day.  My hands never got tired and my brain never searched for something different.  The rounds flew by even with the significant number of stitches on the needles.  It was hard to stop but I knew that I would pay if I didn't.  And this morning, I find that I ought to have stopped earlier.  My whole upper back is feeling a bit tired and stiff.  

So stretches and doing something different today.  I am going to break into the fabric pile and do some serious stuff.  First up some testing of top patterns.  If I get one done that is great, but my goal is for two different patterns to be cut out today from material that will act as my muslin.  If I get a start sewing on the second, more power to me!

No comments: