Friday 4 June 2021

Two steps forward, one step back

I finally made it to the end of the yarn that was previously knit.  That meant decisions on sleeves and edging for the neckline.


I went with seed stitch for this and I really like the way it looks.  Ribbing in worsted weight cotton would not stay looking crisp and tidy for the long haul.  I felt it would eventually look soft and heaven forbid, floppy.  I thought about garter, but much as I like it, it wasn't what I was looking for.  Seed stitch just looked perfect in this yarn.  



I moved on to sleeve one but it didn't take long for me to see that I had picked up far too many stitches.  

First thing this morning, off it all came.  I managed to get a few stitches picked up again before my alarm went off to remind me that today was vaccine day.  I'm just home now, and as soon as I have lunch, I am planning to attend to the task of getting sleeve one complete.  

Sleeve two is my goal for the weekend. Let us see how that goes.

No comments: