Thursday 3 June 2021

Green shirts and stuff.

It seems I forgot to post yesterday.  Whoddathunkit.   There was a bit of a kerfuffle when I tried to set up my second covid shot yesterday.  The vaccine I got on the first shot is only being offered in the city so if I want to have it, I would have to drive to get it.  The worst part was there was no option about time or date that you could get it, they simply slotted you in and done deal.  Since I did not want to take going to an area of the city I am not familiar with at  afternoon rush hour, I ended up having to take a different second dose.  At least I can do that locally.  There are studies showing that this will be a good to very good choice, but I am feeling a bit grumpy that the 'choice' was no choice at all.  Rush hour.  I mean, seriously.  

This was Tuesday's knitting.  It is moving along nicely.  


This was yesterday's knitting.  It too went along well. 


The big plus is that I am very near the end of the ball.  So sleeves and neckline finishes are next.  It also means that I will get the chance to put it on a string to see if what I hope is happening on the back of this shirt, is happening.  Fingers crossed.  If not, it isn't a loss.  It will just mean fewer back increases for the rest of the body.  

So I am knitting, printing patterns and taping them together today.  The knitting is so that I have a shirt to wear with the pants being made from the green fabric.  Finish one piece of clothing at  a time, you see and then get the rest of the things ready for sew appalooza next week.  

And note to self:  next time you have a thing you use regualrly but not heavily and it doesn't work reliably routinely well and wouldn't be easily repairable, replace it if you possibly can.  The new sewing machine has me wondering why on earth I went so long with the old one and it's quirks.  It is lovely.

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

I know how you feel. We have been told that here in Ontario we can call to get an earlier second shot. Initially they scheduled the first and second shots at the same time and the second one was four months down the road. But when you try to re-schedule the second shot, they have you driving far and wide. Personally I don't even see the point of an appointment. In the US they are giving shots at ball games and other public event. Just line up. We would have our health card so it would be recorded on our file. Oh well - they didn't put me in charge.