Thursday 25 February 2021

Yesterday was zoom day, so most of my knitting time was spent on the blanket and on socks.

There was even completion of a first sock of a pair.


The yarn is String Theory but I have no idea the colourway name.  I do love the greens though.  Seriously love.  This is one of my very rare skeins of yarn from a specialty dyer.  It came to me in a trade and it has been a lovely experience.  

In between things, I spent time fixing something.  I had pulled my unblocked Einband Icelandic, 
Dýrfinnustaðahyrna með blúndu, and tucked it around my shoulders.  I was wearing a sweater but my neck just felt chilly.  While I was wearing it, I noticed that there was a thing I had to do before it could be blocked.  
The shawl began from the lace edging, unusual in an Icelnadic shawl, and I had knit one section too many.  The end just needed to be pulled back so that when it was blocked, all would be even.  



I wish I had taken a photo before I had most of it out.  It was a entire little toothy bit plus all the open work stitches and where you joined it to the shawl.  This tiny task of easily countable stitches too a long time, about an hour and a half.   Einband is not going anywhere, even when you want it too.  Still, I prevailed and it just needs blocking.  That will happen after a wee bit more sewing happens.

I am going back to work on my vest today.  I have pretty much made the decision to buy another skein of Fundy Fog to finish off the neck and arm bands.  There isn't going to be enough left of any of the colours to do enough of the job that is left to do. One of the semi local stores (as in under a two hour drive) carry Regal, and currently have this palest purple in stock.  They also have the plum, which is the darkest purple.  I had the order all ready to go but thought I should wait to be sure.  No point having a skein I didn't need to buy left at the end. I want 18 inches from the underarm, and by measurment right now, I will be shy of that but only a little.  Exactly how much shorter will depend on how the yarn usage goes on the bottom.   I am not looking for particularly long but I would rather buy another skein than have it be too short.  My usual modus operandi with yarn is that I have enough leftover for several hats and that would be a silly as having a vest that is never worn because it is too short.  

So, I shall power through the middle lilac of the purples and will have a marvelous time. I always do when I am knitting. 

No comments: