Wednesday 24 February 2021

Diligence

I kept working diligently on this little vest.  I really want to put this wildly unexpected knit to bed in very short order.  Or rather than to bed, to wear.  Spring is looming and it will be time for slightly lighter woollen wear.


The marker is where I started yesterday and I am pleased with how much I did.  I am well into the second skein of lilac. 

 I changed needle sizes to gain the bit of extra space I need at this point and the farther I go, the more I can see the slight difference.  It is the tiniest bit wider between the peak of the rib that shows a little better, the farther away it gets from the tighter top tension.  I am thinking about changing needle sizes again to see what that gets me, though I have a feeling it would become a bit too soft and floppy, rather than keep the crispness it has so far.    

I have a bit of time yet, at least to the end of this second ball of lilac.  As I get to my hip area, there will have to be a few more stitches,no matter what I end up doing with needle sizes.  No getting away from that.  Luckily I did give myself a 'seam' bit where I can add and still stay comfortable with the two rows of what normally is a single row pattern.

I must go forward into my day now.  I am really looking forward to my shower.  Our town water resevoir was in a maintenance phase and only emergency use was allowed.  In our house that means no dishes, no laundry, farm flushing and sponge baths.  Well, for me.  I have no where to go so a good thorough sponge bath works for cleanliness, though it cannot compare to a shower. You get by.   Except for my hair.  By day three, my hair is driving my nuts.  Regular water service was restored at 7 a.m. this morning so I am off to the the simple pleasure that is a good hot shower.  AND shampoo.  

No comments: