Thursday 28 January 2021

There is much work to be done today.  First things first.  I have to weigh this ball of yarn so that I can divide it carefully



because I am here.


I didn't get a huge amount of knitting done yesterday but it was enough to reach the goal  of joining the pouch bottom to the rest of the knitting.


There we have it, a pouch in which to warm my hands.  It is not meant to be a pocket.  It is meant to be a place to warm my hands and it does.  I checked.

I haven't tried on this sweater yet.  By this time on most sweaters, there have  been a couple try on sessions.  I am not sure if that is an over abundance of arrogance (it will fit because I know) or if it is just plain silliness.  It isn't like I really trust my gauge.  

I am constantly measuring it.  I do mean constantly.  I generally don't worry a whole lot about row gauge a lot but the stitch gauge is a huge worry.  If I am a little tense a whole day of knitting can be a different gauge.  In a garment like a sweater, that can make a big difference.  It depends how much difference there is.   In this one, tighter knitting meant a slightly different row gauge on the underside of the pocket.  I checked the stitch gauge on several different places around the garment.  It is good.  Insert sigh of relief.   But the row gauge was off.  Thirty rows on the underside did not equal thirty rows on the pocket front. Thirty two rows would have equalled the top of the pouch.  In this case, I decided to just go with 30.  If the top of the pouch, pouches a bit more, that is okay and it will sort itself out in time and launderings.       

So it will be what it will be.  Time for me to get my gumption on and to split that yarn and deal with the sleeve tops.  I am trying to match the sleeves to the body but I only have so much yarn and when that is done...

What will be will be.  It is a good way to live your knitting.  And your life.

No comments: