Friday 29 January 2021

Delicious yarns

I got a nice chunk of work done yesterday.  First up, I did the neck band.  



I debated about this.  It would have been plain if I was more comfortable about yarn amounts but this works well enough.

And then sleeve one.



The interesting thing about this has been working with thd three yarns in the same short space of time.  

Years ago, working in the yarn store, I had the opportunity to play with multiple colors of the same line of yarn, and I always found it interesting how certain colors could make a yarn feel so different than its counterparts.  

With these natural shades of Mulespinner two ply, the cream is just amazing.  It is soft but not slippery soft like most 'soft yarns.  It retains it's cushiony bouncy worsted goodness but is sublimely soft, like butter cream.  The dark natural grey is just a little rougher, but still it's lovely worsted warm self.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love the way that looks. That is really pretty.

Fay