Tuesday 5 January 2021

The aura of calm

I spent my day yesterday doing all sorts of things.  I didn't quite get to sewing because putting the pdf printed patterns together is taking a bit more time than I thought it might.  Cutting a pair of pants out will happen today though, so it is well begun.

I also knit a bit yesterday.  I spent a good bit of time on the green Build a Bigger sweater.  I am really enjoying it and I kind of wish my hands could work the yarn longer.  It is just such an interesting sort of knit.  I also did another couple rows on my Threipmuir.  I have less than ten rows to go now and I am looking forward to the plain knitting part of the sweater, even if it is sportweight yarn.  

Also of note, Ysolda did an update to the Threipmuir pattern that blows me away.  She took her fairly slimfit design which was already pretty well sized and blew everything right out of the water sizing up to 72 and a half inches chest size and gives a broad shoulder option as well as a regular fit option so that the sweater becomes truly gender nuetral.  Fantastic Ysolda.  You were a sizing leader in Little Red in the City and you just keep making new inroads into a world of clothing for all people!

I also got a lot of household type chores done yesterday that were not done on my vacation.  Heck they were not even done while I was knitting blankets.  There is a lot to catch up on.  And that kind of leads me to my yarny knitty things for today.  

I have a high tolerance for things being out and about.  They can sit for a month or more and not bother me, till one day, that is it.  It is time to put it all away.  It gets put away and life is good again and it can build without botherng me again.  It is critical that there be a place to put it away though.  Otherwise I drown.  There is yarn stuff in a large box that was not supposed to be there past the mega blanket knitting.  Yesterday, I hit my limit and that box must go.  Stuff gets piled up on it , falls off, is picked up and piled again and it is drving me batty.  The sofa has its own growing pile of stuff and the puzzle part of Christmas is taking up a seat on the other chair in the living room.  Aaaack.  Sewing must remain my priority but order must be imposed.   

On finishing my Comfort Knitting Sweater, I pulled out my pretty Quoddy Blue  for the Agate Cove sweater.  That yarn is part of what is falling.  The white and the greys are all wound up but the blue is not.  That will get wound today and then it will go in a WIP bin under the green sweater yarn.

While winder is out, I am also going to wind my Christmas present yarn.  I have also decided on a pattern for it and I have sorted out exactly how I am going to use it to it's best advantage.  The pattern is going to be Love Note by Tin Can Knits and in order to maximze my yarn, I am going to knit the lace yoke using just the mohair.  I may double the mohair but I won't do that unlesss I have to.  I really would love to see it in just a single strand for a most delicate yoke.  Then that will come back to my display cabinet till I am ready to knit it.  

And then, the couch pile.  There are several skeins of yarn that need winding for cowl projects.  I have a hank of pretty blue and green Euro Yarns Maharashtra Silk  that needs winding for a cowl and I have a skein of Hand Maiden Maiden Hair that I mean to make a Huj Tub Cowl out of it.  While I am doing this, I am going to pull out two more skeins of yarn from the display cabinet to wind and prep for cowl knitting.

If I can get those things done the box is a goner.  \my daily working space will once again be suffused in an aura of calm.  Or as calm as it gets. 

No comments: