Tuesday 26 January 2021

Stuff

I have started using a tracker on sweaters so I can see exactly how far I get in a day.  I started doing it when I was knitting the cotton and bast fibre sweaters.  All the small stitches were getting me down and it really helped me see that actual progress was being made.  I have kept it up since then and I am always surprised.



From the blue marker was yesterdays work.  There are only 6 or 8 rows left till I join with the pouch top and pause work on the body to finish the sleeves and the neckband.  Oddly enough, I am sort of looking forward to it.  I think because after those things are done, I can tell exactly how much of the soft grey I will have to work with, which will tell me just how long I can knit this sweater.

There are other things getting bits of work.


Blankie has made it to the marl!  While I don't feel particularly motivated to work on this while I am working on the sweater, I do feel a bit motivated to get a move on the big box o yarn in my study.  That cannot happen until I get this puppy completed so...There may be a day or two of blanket knitting before long.  We shall see.

I did up a load of kitchen laundry and took out some of the worn out rags and dishcloths.    I also took out a few of the less good looking microfibre cloths for the garage. The loss of those few cloths, mean that it is time to make more dishcloths.  I am quite pleased with the woven ones, but Keith shows a preference for the knitted ones in what he grabs to use.  

It is kind of funny.  We have micrfibrecloths, purchased dishcloths, knitted ones and a few woven by me. I really like the woven ones but there are only three at the moment but in lieu of, I use any and all of the knitted ones.  He grabs the knitted ones before anything else.  So, while I do plan for more woven ones, there might be a bit of dishcloth knitting here in the next few days.  

You just never know.  



in spain

No comments: