Monday 25 January 2021

A pouchy thing

Friday was  a big knitting day and Saturday was not.  Saturday was a  kind of lazy not really accomplishing very much sort of day.  I had a leasurely call with my mom and dad and some sisters.  I had an extra afternoon cup of coffee.  I had an official put my feet up and cover me with a blankie nap.  It was a day of rest and relaxing.  Though I have to say, Saturday night, I took the world to the limit.  I grabbed the mending pile and by the end of the evening, I had mended every last thing that needed work.  I can see the top of my sewing table right to the very back and outer edges for the first time in months.  And the bin!  The bin is empty!  Very, very rewarding.

Sunday I knit.  And knit.
  


Pouch is established and the body part of the sweater is well under way.  The pouch is not big.  It isn't supposed to be a pocket.  It is just a place to tuck my hands.  

The current plan is to get the sweater body down to join with the pouch bottom and then to pause to knit sleeves.  Once the sleeves are done, I can used whatever is left to get the body to the length it is supposed to be, yet to be determined.  Sleeves and neck band, that is.  

There is a fair bit of knitting to go to the base of the pouch.  On to that challenge today!  

And pants.  Gotta get to pants.




In spain

No comments: