Tuesday 27 October 2020

Oh my.

There is a moment when you do a deep stash dive, looking for the yarns your hands are hungry to work with where you just know you have to stop or you will have your entire stash sitting in the livingroom.  I faced that yesterday.  I even put some back but I left out enough, if I used every scrap of yarn here for four different sweaters.

I pulled out the Custom Woollen Mills Mulespinner Two Ply that I started the search.  This will absolutely knit me a sweater that is super warm and that can be worn even through the toughest household tasks.  It is a good stable strong sturdy wool and there is nothing warmer on the planet. (According to me)


I have two cones of the darkest gray and what you see here of the lighter colours.  That makes slightly more than two sweaters worth of goodness right there.  One dark gray based and one with a gradient look of some kind or other. 

I started working with the dark gray yarn immediately.  




I planned a very simple, plain sweater, but I think something else is going to happen.  Looking at the other mulespinner yarns and the gorgeous  contrast between the two grays, there might be a little colourwork making an appearance.  A sturdy sweater for at home doesn't have to be plain does it?  And if the colourwork is only a band across the upper chest or maybe some lice on the bottom two thirds of the sweater?  That isn't too much is it?  Probably not the lice though. My goal here is to bang out this sweater.  I am chilly and I want warm. 

Lots more yarn happened before I started knitting though.  

I pulled out the yarn leftover from my Undercurrent.  I think I know what I will do with these.  There are two and a third balls of the gray mulsepinner, a mid gray gray to the two above, and three balls of Noro Silver Thaw.  If I knit two complete sweaters out of the stuff above, there would be enough left to add to this yarn to create a great whatever happens sort of striping sweater.  


I took out yarn for a fourth too.  I have no idea why


 other than it is pretty.  It is a Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport in a sweet multi tone cherry, my favourite red. 

I did have some other yarns out, but I put them back for now.  I could flood myself if I let me.  The stash closet doors are still open though.  Later this afternoon, I plan to fill my inspiration cabinet with pretty things because my goodness, do I have pretty things.  Sigh.  There still is time for a few sweater accidents to tumble their way out of the stash closet.  

In the mean time, I am just going to knit.

No comments: