Monday 26 October 2020

Gettin' Giddy

Once that lovely sweater of Amy's was blocked and the buttons were on it, I swear by all that is, that it was the prettiest thing I have ever knit. 

Aaaaand I have no pictures of it.  And so it goes.  My finished objects list still like I don't know how to do it rather than a carefully curated line of things finished proeprly.  It just makes me laugh at how often I forget a final 'good' photo.  

My other cohort, Scott and Amy and all three of my boys were here yesterday.  Isaac is taller than I am now.  Sigh.  I knew it wasn't far off but golly gee.  And Carter grew a couple  more inches.  Like a weed that boy is and missing his friends in school so much.  And my sweet Emmett, who up till now has let his cousin Jane do all the talking for them, is just full of words and things to say.  He also plays a mean bouncy balloon game.  The schools foor all my grandchildren have now had at least one case of Covid in them, so Scott's kids are schooling at home again this year, but the school supports have been really marvelous. They worked hard over summer and Amy said it is a lot better than last year.  

So here I sit, house clean, almost no dishes because we were really ready this time, and I have nothing to do.  I will probably knit on the Thriepmuir sweater though the shawl has been beckining after a few days pause.  But mostly, I think I will do that twice put off stash dive.  

I just can't wait.  Diving is one of the things that make me giddy.  I have some ideas for shawls and scarves, and I want to keep out some mohair colours to think about.  There are lots of interesting things out and about that people are making with mohair.  And as much as getting the warm woolies out to knit with, there is some laceweight that I would like to get out so that I can wind it at leisure.  

I am going to keep my camera at hand so that I can take photos of what I pull and show you some of what is going on in my head.  I am getting a bit giddy thingking about it.  I just need to refresh my coffee and I am off.

No comments: