Monday 5 October 2020

Knit, knit, knit.

After a day where.   there was almost no knitting, there was a lot of knitting!

I knit on my coat and made good progress.  I have only two balls of green left before I go on to the grey. No photo of it at the moment.  It will get its own post a little later.

After a few adventures trying to find my button box, I finished finished finished my Myrtle and wore it too. I am very pleased with it.


The closer neckline is exactly what I wanted.  The wide oval of the original is not my favourite.  I have to open one button to slip it on, which means I may hove gone a wee bit too close.  Oh well, changing the button, whihc is just for looks, is not any kind of big deal at all.  For tackling the very scary (for me only) knit from the bottom, I am giving myself an extra pat on the back.  I admit though, that there were many many times where I wished I was knitting from the top so I could give it a good try on and see if I was in the right general neighbourhood.

I knit a little on my big Shetland shawl.


This grey is the first one where the change was a bit more forceful and punchier.  But the lace?  Oh my goodness how this lace looks in this darker tone.  It is just smashing all my expectations.

And then this.  It was all kind of rolled up in a bag and I was a bit worried.  There did not seem to be any needles in it and I had not written down what size I was using.  But the tips were  there, just tucked inside stitches.  It was a relief.   


I made good progress on this.  It was really just barely begun though there may be one small technical glitch.  The seafoam and the turquoise don't have quite the perfect amount of contrast.  When I take all the colour out, I ought to be able to clearly see the line between the two and they pretty much disappear. 


You can see them, but only just and only if you know what you are looking for.  Sigh.  They looked so perfect on the shelf and I really don't know if I want to replace the yarn wiith not from the epic adventure yarn.  And even though the price of Briggs and Little is seriously great, do I really need to have 800 metres of yarn in my stash with no vision for it?   

I am going to give it a day or two to think about this.  I am very strongly leaning to just let it go and work with what I have.  It is hard, when you know perfection is out there. Hahaha, when I went to the website just now and was looking for a dark heathery grey, my first grab was Seafoam.  Again.  

I spent a lot of time between rows of colourwork looking at what I want to knit next.  I have some fun ideas but no firm plans.  Firm plans might not happen till the project is on the needles!

But the day is wasting and it is time for me to go have some fun!





In spain

No comments: