Tuesday 6 October 2020

Of Small Talk and Superpowers.

I have no idea what to write today.  I only know there is a powerful urge to write.  Sometimes I think writing it down is what saves me.  The things I write are not important, just ordinary things in  my days and yes, knitting really is my days, but the writing is the other big thing in my days.  Occasionally, I think about using those lists of questions, but it usually ends up that you already know those things if you read the blog for anytime at all. 

The lists of questions are just a kind of small talk anyway and if there is a thing that I am not good at at all, it is small talk.  I loathe large parties and events because of it.  I am not good at it and the older I get the more out of practise I am.  

I read once that in Finalnd, they do not really have small talk.  I get that.  They are a nation where it is cold and conserving energy counted.  Small talk could be seen as a waste of energy to an emerging people living on the very edge of habitable space on the planet.  If that is true, I should be Finnish if not Canadian, I think.   

While this blog appears to be short, there has been masses of writing going on that was not worth the publishing.  That mass of writing took care of my need to write, so now, freed from that need, I am going to head off to do the things of the day.  

Which takes me straight back to that list of questions.  

162. If you could have a super power, what would it be?  My superpower would be that I could clean my entire house including dishes and laundry with one twitch of my nose.  Like Samantha, from Bewitched.  Yeah.  I sure do wish that was my superpower.  

Oh well.

No comments: