Tuesday 13 October 2020

Jackets in the running.

About 2/3s of the way through every round on my shawl, I start hating it.  And then I start a new row and feel an upsurge of joy that the border is almost done.  Still, I need a break.  I am working on something different today.  



The jacket, as is.  I have been picking this up for a few stitches here and there this past week, but I don't think I did more than a single row. I'm going to devote the whole day to it, though. It is sunny out and nice enough for October, but the cold is not far off, no matter what anyone hopes.  I have another ball of green and then it is on to the gray.  

I wish the gray was darker, but they sent what they had and I guess that will do.  It will hold its own appearing in a block of colour .  Occasionally it crosses my mind that I could do this just a wee bit different and block one side higher than the other, but I keep just doing the knitting nice and plain.  Sometimes I think about knitting the change with stripes, but I don't  know.  Just the block change works.  Maybe.  


No comments: