Wednesday 14 October 2020

Feeling Tall

Well, the jacket was in the running.  For 3 whole rows.  And then my hands were tired.  This isn't a particularly bulky yarn.  It rates an 'Aran' on Ravelry, but it is a very dense yarn.  In yards per pound it is dense.  It does bloom when you wash it.  I know this from my swatch so that is what I am waiting for on this jacket.  Anyway, I did put the jacket down after the 3 rows.  

And picked up the Shetland shawl.  I worked on that quite a bit, to the point that I have about 6 rounds to go plus the purl round I am working on.  That does inspire me to keep going, keep sticking with it, keep focusing on this one huge project.  

Truth is, I can't wait to wear it.  The thing about big shawls is that you can snug them around you and hunker down.  Can't you just see yourself with them with a good book and tea snuggled on a sofa on a chilly afternoon?  That is how I see me in this shawl and I mean for it to be me.

Lots of people say they can't see themselves in a  shawl.  I can see me in one, but I have a feeling that I do not look like a person who wears shawls even when I am wearing shawls.  Persons who wear wraps and ruanas and shawls are usually tall end elegant.  I am not these things.  I am the polar opposite of tall.  And elegant.  If there was something farther in the opposite direction than that of elegant and tall, that is me.   I am tall but only if by tall you mean that I wear my tall short and wide. When I wear a shawl, I feel warm and cozy and ... tall and elegant.  

And that kind of works for me.

No comments: