Wednesday 22 July 2020

Listening

I have been up a couple hours now.  When I first woke, the birds were chirping as usual for early morning (early as before 6 a.m.)There were blue patches in the sky and a few clouds, but the sun did not quite have the early morning intensity of the last several mornings.  The birds became very silent about a half an hour ago.  Very silent, almost freakishly so.  They do that when they feel something is coming.  So far, it isn't a big something.  Just a nice, gentle sort of rain passing through on a Wednesday morning.The windows here are placed so that I can almost always keep them open to listen to the rain fall and that is what I am doing right now.  

There are so many things to do today.  I hope to print out the first of my patterns that I just purchased.  Paper?  Check.  Printer Ink?  Check.  These are the first PDF patterns I have purchased and I am kind of looking forward to doing it.  I will most likely mount the design on to my giant roll of paper if the pattern is good and a keeper.  If I am lucky, new sewing starts today on fabric that is perfectly me.  If not, then tomorrow.

So much to do today.  The thought of it  fills me with energy, but before I start, I'm going to sit and just listen. Listening on a quiet morning is very much doing something, and it is doing something important.  

No comments: