Monday 20 July 2020

I have nothing much to say today.  I accomplished nothing this weekend.  If I think about it, there was at least one day, where I really didn't do anything, not even read a book.  And I am not sure why.  Just didn't.  

Not being able to knit is getting really difficult.  Dispiriting even.

I am doing the repairs I needed to do on some of the clothes pile, but when I look closely at some of the things I thought needed repair, I realized they needed the garbage.  I am a little sad that I did not see this sooner.  However, it does mean that my need for pants has become a very serious thing.  

I am also contemplating sewing a skirt or possibly a dress.  Nothing fancy, but the sort of comfortable t-shirt style dress that you could wear anytime.  Or a skirt and top combo. We shall see.  Keith is bringing a cartridge for my printer today so I will have patterns in hand tomorrow.  

I ordered three patterns from Helen's Closet.  I ordered the Winslow Culottes, which, if you look around online, can be adapted to so many things and have a lovely flowing leg with no fuss fitting.  I also ordered the Yanta Overalls and the Eliot Sweater and Tee.  I have always wanted overalls and the Eliot piece has raglan sleeves, which is something I do not have in amy of my current patterns.  Or not so current patterns as the case may be.  

The repair pile will be finished today and with the tiniest bit of luck, part of my sewing time this afternoon, will be given over to a fabric and pattern review.  I need to match things up and see if I have what I need to get the garments that my wardrobe needs.

I hope to do a little knitting today, and I have a few treats to make for the kiddies.  Mom is back at work and the regular babysitter has appointments.  Rice Krispie Squares and peanut butter slice can almost be breakfast, right?  Date Loaf?     

No comments: