Friday 17 July 2020

Quandry

I have a problem. 

The good kind of problem.  I knew it was in a harbour somewhere off Vancouver.  I knew it would be shipped from the warehouse.  What I did not expect was the speed with which Canada Post delivered it!  Most excellent job, CP.



Well packed in many layers.




The old and the new.


A few parts to put together but not many.



Top view.



Side shot.

It is an Ashford Carder.  I wanted something I could purchase from a Canadian source and that would arrive quickly.  American products were out of the running because the exchange rate is not in my favour.  The biggest reason to go Ashford was that I could adapt ratios if I needed to get the very most out of my fibre.  The other big plus with Ashford is that I could move and set the licker as needed. It didn't quite arrive quickly, but once my mind was made up to do it, I felt comfortable waiting.  Small businesses shouldn't lose a sale over what Covid 19 caused.  

There were a couple surprises that really please me too. 


A place to keep the duffer seems like an almost nothing feature till you live without a place to keep it.  And the little cleaning brush? 


That tucks in really nicely below.  I love it.  And biggest plus of all?  The packer brush.


I wasn't really expecting this and am going to check with my source if the unit shipped was the right one. I didn't order one because that would have put me over my budgeted amount.  The plan was to purchase the brush later. If all the units now come with the packer brush, yay me.  If not, I owe somebody a bit more money.  Now that it is here it is not leaving my grubby little fingers.

The quandry is what about sewing?  I would love to settle down and just card but I think I am going to be an adult about this.  I need clothes.  I want to prep wool.  Need first but later, oh yes later, there will be play.  

Delicious wonderfully wooly play.  

No comments: