Thursday 5 March 2020

Yet another pair.

After a second full day of cleaning, I can very happily say that everything is cleaned, cleaned behind and is good for another season.  I also take great pride in announcing that several small boxes of miscellaneous stuff that had no home to go to has also been taken care of and sorted and ordered.  I have some shelves to put up and a few boxes to move around on the big bookcase and I will be in better shape than before.  Always pleasing when that happens. 

The only downside is that the table is still in my room because I have to get the dresser out before I can get the table in to store.  That is happening this afternoon so all I need is a bit of patience.

At my lunch break yesterday, I grabbed some yarn from a box and took up a set of found shortie sock needles, and I started knitting a toe.



That is all I planned for.  A toe takes about 45 minutes when you are watching curling (stops and starts) but I just kept knitting.  Before I knew it I had a few inches done and the draw was over.  This morning, since taking the picture, I have another few inches.  I love this colourway.  It is just brilliant and is making my heart beat faster. 

It is so much more inspiring than the other socks that are on the needles.


If I am honest, this one is growing on me.  It is soft colours in the background, but I kind of like the punch of the turquoise faux isle bits. 

This one is still a fight to love. 


It just needs some punch and I am sure I would love it.  I have never ripped back a sock that was this far along because of colour but I might on these.  They are not bad colours, they are just not inspiring colours.  They are dimmed because there is nothing strong, nothing that sets off what they are.  

There isn't any rush to decide about ripping back socks, it is just that I would feel better if I did.  I know I would.  Surely starting yet another pair of socks is a sign that it is time and I should just get it over.  

No comments: