Friday 6 March 2020

Found!

Years ago, in my spare room, I had all kinds of old family photos, pictures of generations past and the old farmyards from when our families first came to Canada.  Brian had gathered the pictures as he was building various family books with his dad and pictures on my side were copies from my dad, from uncle's and various relatives.

I loved having that bunch of faces from long ago, and I loved how those faces showed up in the faces of cousins and children as they grew.  Some of the likenesses are remarkable.

As  things changed in my life, the wall of family were boxed up and put away.  When I lived in my wee house, I took them out of frames and scanned them to my computer.  That drive died and I was certain I lost them all.

Photos have been something to avoid these past years.  It wasn't  looking the pictures that was a problem, it was the wash of memories I wasn't ready to deal with.  Still, I have a thing about not leaving too much 'stuff'.  No one should have to face that twice in a lifetime.  Pictures have been the one thing left to attach names to, to sort into what vacation, when and where.  Yesterday, I started going through all the individual photos.


And found most of the old family photos from my wall,


safe and in good condition.  There are dozens more. You can even see a very young me in the very top right hand corner, with the kerchief on my head, standing in a wagon with my cousins and brother and sister.

I am so very happy to see these again, just tickled pink.  I won't be recreating my wall, but I will attach names so that sometime long from now, when my grandchildren want to see them, they know who they are even if

I will be busy and happily so.  I will be less happily so with doubled sets of blurry vacation photos but that is another story.  


No comments: