Wednesday 4 March 2020

To Vanquish

Once again, a day of no knitting.  The landlord has decided to upgrade the wired networking for the upstairs, and it ends up meaning that I have to move stuff around in my room.  

Lest you think I get nothing from this, I gain in several ways.  I gain a sturdier internet signal here at the laptop.  It was iffy in my room and the kitchen.  I also get to deal nicely with a few little irritations and get to move and rededicate a few pieces of furniture.  And lastly, it is March and therefore, a sign that spring will eventually arrive and it is time to give this space a good deep clean.  It was a good idea to strike before the urge passed.  

Late in the day, I was tired and not making good decisions.


I emptied the cabinet to sort and order things there.  I did this at least once since Christmas.  No idea why it seemed like a good idea to do again.  No idea at all. 

I love playing in the yarn but this did not need pawing in.  It is really nice but the timing is off.  There are two things that I am going to keep out for winding, but the rest is going back in there as fast as I can stuff it.

One of the other things I am going to do is move my cutting table to the other room.  My room really doesn't have space for setting up the ironing board and cutting table when I sew.  I have done it, but it is tight and takes a lot of the fun out of it.  With the decision to get rid of the dresser in there, I have room to store the cutting table and will have a place to set it up to use, leaving my big room just for sewing.  And ironing.  There will be enough room to set up the iron in here for those bits of ironing you do as you sew. No more traipsing out to the hall for a 2 inch long seam that needs pressing. 

So I have a bit of work ahead of me, but I see yellow top knitting in my near future.  And you know what?  I am looking forward to it.  Interminable middle, I vanquish thee! 

But later.  I have a few more dust bunnies to vanquish first.



  

No comments: