Tuesday 3 March 2020

Of Curling and Coffee and the Interminable Middle

This morning, I am sitting here with my regular Maxwell House coffe in my big cup, and I am watching the Brier.  

There was a time where I thought curling was horrid.  As a young person, when curling was on TV, I would run the other way.  The commentators whispered and talked monotone and it grated on my ears.  Of course, that was in the day when curling was broadcast from ice side and if you talked normally, the curlers would hear you and be disturbed.  Technology changed and curling commentating has made curling  one of the most exciting things to watch on tv.  I started watching when Brian started catching it on TV.  It became something we watched together.  After he died, there was a long time where I just couldn't watch it other than a minute here or there.  It was too tied to our time together.  As things go, as time moves on,  I can and do watch it again.  It is a very knittable sport.  

So, now that I recovered from my decaf test, and with curling going 3 draws a day (curling from morning to night) I expect to get some serious knitting done.  I did finish a few small things on Friday.  


I really love these slippers.  I could have made them only 16 garter ridges to the back of my foot, but they fit much better than my red pair.  And in this ever sturdy yarn...Yummiest warm feet.


I also managed to finish the second pair of bed socks.  They took much longer than they should have.  It is going to be nice to have a pair there when pair one is being washed.


And then this.  Carter figured out how to make the clumsy ninja play soccer on his head. It's always kind of nice to find stuff like that magically appear on your tablet. 



On to knitting.  Yellow top to start.  If I stick to it another 2, maybe 3 lifetimes, I might actually finish it. I am definitely in the interminable middle.


No comments: