Thursday 19 March 2020

Going Lace

After I completed my Cascadas Tee, I gave myself permission to start something new.  


I worked up a swatch to see what gauge I liked.  And then I cast on.  


And started to knit.  I am certainly enjoying working the yarn, but I am not at all sure I like what I am making with it.  

I was aiming for a summer top with a neckline that was anything other than circular.  I have knit so many top down circulars lately and just thought it was time for something different.  And that is the problem.

The top I started is a plain knit v neck but I am having trouble getting past how pretty the yarn looks in a feather and fan pattern (see the top photo). The plain is pretty but...

I think I am going to pull this back and restart it as a Leisl.  That Ysolda Teague pattern has a wonderfully integrated into the lace increase that is just the most fun to knit.  Right now a little fun in my knitting is a very ğood thing.  

So that's  where I am headed right now.  

Later today I think I am going to pull out the Icelandic shawl and sort out that lace. I seem to be in the mood for lace and I seem to have new reserves of fortitude and gumption.  I think I would like to spend it there.

No comments: