Wednesday 18 March 2020

What We Make It to Be.

This morning, after talking with the landlord, he was saying he was going to ask to work from home because he will most likely be the lone person here bringing the bug in and he worried that he would be giving it to me.  He looked pretty devastated that this might be the case, but I told him no.  That he should never feel that way.  

He has been picking up most of our groceries all winter.  He gets the mail.  He does all the household out and about.  It made sense for him to do that because he works a block from the grocery store, less if he cuts out the back door of his office, and has to pass most everything else on his way home.  For me, it means less cost of gas and less wear and tear on my car.   We are just going to keep on doing this in this time of pandemic.  

Bugs like this one, like most virus live outside the body for a time on whatever surface they land on.  The virus could come on on the packaging for a box of pasta, or the plastic surrounding that pack of toilet paper.

I live a pretty self contained life.  I have never been a go out and party type of person.  I have always found ways to entertain myself and recharge myself in my own company.  This past winter, with my spinning buddy's changing circumstances, I have really been a stay home kind of person.  Even making no changes to how I live, my chance of getting this bug is small.  

If I do, it isn't anyone's fault.  It isn't China's. It isn't a persons,  It certainly isn't the landlords.  It just is.  Pandemics and virus are part of the human condition.  As long as humans have existed, we have had this kind of thing.  Recorded history of pandemics goes back to ancient Roman times and I have no doubt that preshistory had them too.   

There is a lot that we can do to stop from getting it, but I just have to say to the landlord, to my sons and daughters in law, to my grandkids, some things just are.  If this grandma gets sick, it just is.  Okay?  Okay.  And I love you all.

This blog is going to go back to knitting now.  I just had to put this down because this blogger well knows how life can change in a literal blink of an eye and some things just need to be said.  Whatever world we wake up to when this is all done, it will be just as before: It will be whatever we make it to be.


1 comment:

AthertonCA said...

You sound like a very wise person. I have always been a self-contained sort as well. One big advantage of being an introvert, is that we don’t rely upon someone else to entertain us. We prefer our own company.