Monday 9 March 2020

Wimping Out

Or how  not to wimp out.

The yellow top or Cascadas Tee is now at the point where I wimp out and then am forever dissatisfied.  I really don't  want to be unhappy when it is turning out so well so I I decided to go for it and knit the lace again.  


The lace chart, repeated three times as it is on the yoke is exactly the number of inches I need to be at my optimal length.  

It was going well and I knit an entire repeat through the curling.  Except at the end of the last round, I was in the wrong place in the repeat.   I looked and looked for the error and I found it, in the row below.  Sigh.  

So today's  work is to go back and fix it and then knit some more.  Part of me wants to say that this is the universe telling me to pull out the lace and cast off, but I know the numbers.  I need the few extra inches so I don't feel I have to keep pulling it down all the time.  

The smarter part of me says to persevere, to fix it and keep going on the lace.  It makes the long rows infinitely more interesting.  This is what I am choosing.  

I have coffee, I have an entire series to watch on my just renewed Britbox, and I have gumption.  No wimping out for me.  Not today at any rate.  Not today.

No comments: