Thursday 27 February 2020

Sorting Combing and Knitting

While the comb was under quarantine and repair, I spent most of my time working on photos.  I haven't done anything with the photos at all other than getting rid of the broken down photo albums and putting them all into a couple drawers.  I want to get rid of the dresser they are kept in.  It doesn't really fit the life I lead and and the space I have. I hate the thought of leaving it all in such a state that no one will know what they are looking at. 

If it was now, I am not so sure I would worry.  Photos have become almost ephemeral.   Most of the time, they aren't things you would keep long term anyway.  Kid pictures, keep.  Food pictures, yarn pictures, knitting pictures, not so much.  Still what I have of old fashioned printed pictures is a mess someone will be saddled with eventually, and I mean to make it less of a mess.

In the end, the only real knitting I did was to work on my slippers.  I finished slipper one this morning.  Don't you just love this heel?


The pattern, once again is Susan A.'s Simple House Slippers, from the free version of the pattern on her blog, with my own variation to knit it toe up.  Easier to customise by far. 

This pair is going to get leather soles, before I wear them.


Well maybe anyway.  That is the plan and you know how it is when I plan.

On to more picture sorting, fleece combing and on to slipper two.


No comments: