Wednesday 26 February 2020

Perseverance

I did different things yesterday and it was generally lovely.  But...

This happened.


I could have cried.  I was having a really good time combing the fleece and it just came to a huge creaking end.  

So, in my more than slightly grumpy state, I sat down and worked on the most irritating project I have, 


the yellow top.  It is irritating only because of one thing.   It is taking forever.  The pin with the blue plastic pin on it?  That is where I started.  I took the picture just after supper.  That was so demoralising that I stuck a bad Nick Cage movie in and had a Bad Nick Cage Movie Night***. I knit for the entire movie and made only 4 more rows.  They are long and pretty irritating. 

One of the things I have done is to keep all my markers in.  There is always something coming just a few visible stitches away and it makes these long plain rows feel faster.  
  
I came across something interesting yesterday.  I have the swatch for this in the kitchen.  It seemed like a good size for a dishcloth and I thought it would be a good test to see how the fabric functioned under ordinary but heavy use.



The ball bands say to wash cool and let it hand to dry.  I can see why.  


The colour softens quite a bit from its brilliant beginning to a more lemon colour.  I am okay with that, but mostly because I didn't bargain on hand washing my summer tops.  But what it does show is that repeated runs in both machines leave this very sturdy yarn softer and with pretty decent drape.  It may be excellent drape but my swatch can't show that.  It is too small and its doubled sections really firm it up.

I will persevere.  

*** Bad Nick Cage Movie Night  is what this household calls that night where you watch a movie like National Treasure or Demolition Man or something that you have seen a thousand times before because there was nothing else to watch.  Bad Nick Cage movie also because Cage makes decent movies or movies that make you want to shoot yourself in the eye.  You would think that streaming would change the need for a bad Nick Cage movie, but sometimes all you have left is a bad Nick Cage movie.  In my case, last night's fare was The Sorcerers Apprentice, a fine choice for Bad Nick Cage Movie Night.  

No comments: