Tuesday 25 February 2020

Tuesday is 'Different Day'

Tuesday has been my day out for a long time and now that my spinning buddy has other commitments, I kind of miss the spinning.  By going out to spin, my hand was forced to play with things other than knitting.   I have been utterly content playing with the knitting.  Sort of.  I played with different knitting.  I sorted problems.  I played in the stash.  Occasionally, but only vary occasionally, I was a bit bored with it all.  

Last night I decided it was going to be my day to do different things.  I thought about spinning, but the first thing my hands picked up today was my embroidery.  I did that for a couple hours already and I am ready to move on.  I think that the rest of this morning is going to be working at my loom.  I have a couple inches to finish on the third test washcloth and then they come off.  They will be washed and finished to see if they are the size I want.  I suspect they will need a few more warp threads on each side before I am happy with them as dish cloths.  A friend makes her wash cloths 80 ends though her cloths are larger than I want.    Mine are 60 and I think are going to be just that tiniest bit too small.  Still it gives me a chance to see if I like the way the hems work (I have used smaller thread for weft at the ends).  But the first testers come off the loom today.  

This afternoon, as messy as it is, I think I am going to comb fleece.  I really want the fleece I washed last spring done.  I want to spin it but even more, there are more things coming.

One more to be precise.  One of the farms I follow on Facebook was holding an auction to raise funds for a girls school in Tanzania.  Bids were so horrendously low that I felt I had to do something.  So I bid what felt like a decent amount to give to a school fundraiser. Obviously people approach fund raising bidding differently than I, but the plan was for more bidding and higher.  That didn't happen and I have a fleece coming after the spring shearing.  

I still have several fleeces that have been waiting for far too long to do and it is time to really get something done with all of them.

So even though it is a bit messy, I am going to pull out the combs and get going.  I may spin this evening.  Depends on what else ends up falling into my hands. Tuesday is different day, even if it isn't spinning.

No comments: