Thursday 26 December 2019

While the rest of you are out scooping up bargains, I am here, mulling this over.


It's an awfully wide sleeve.  

I made the armscyce on this sweater deeper because the yarn is not very tightly woven.  My hope is that the deeper cut will mean less wear on the stress points where the yarn pulls.  That deeper sleeve wouldn't be a problem I thought because my usual sleeve is a bit tight.  I did things as usual and I probably should have done something else.  

The sweater also has this long dramatic rib on the lower sleeves.  I liked that but at the moment that long rib helps make the sleeve look very belled and leg of mutton, if you will.  I am not at all certain this is what I want. It is very much the coming style though, if you look at ready to wear fashion sites.  

So it is going to get a try on and then, before sleeve two starts, I am going to think about it.  Might do a stash dive for something else to knit for a few days.  Might need a sleeve three.


No comments: