Tuesday 24 December 2019

So, here are the socks I talked about possibly finishing.  


Possibly finished. 

In between baking the nicest rolls and bread I have made in years, and between cleaning floors and doing dishes, the socks were finished.  Right about supper time I wove in all the ends and took the picture.

And then we had company, and like me, she complained of cold feet, so I gave her the socks.  I have and she needed.  They were perfectly Christmas, possibly the most Christmas gift I have ever given or received. 

This morning I am going to have coffee, and just sit.  Years and years ago, when the boys were young, this was the busiest day.  The turkey needed stuffing, and had to be on the BBQ early.  Brian was in charge of roasting it. I did all the other prep but in a normal year, I always had as much stuff prepared ahead of time as humanly possible.  It is the same this year too, though this year, some of the things are store bought pre prepared. 

About lunchtime, things will start to happen and shortly after, the kids and their mom and dad will arrive for a semi traditional Ukrainian feast.  We will cook and snack and have fizzy beverages to our hearts content.  And eventually, we will open a few gifts before the kids go home to await Santa. 

I know I live in a world of plenty and comfort, even though my world is not nearly as full of plenty as it used to be, it is enough.  I am so grateful and thankful for that.  And I wish and pray that it could be so for all of us. 

Merry Christmas where ever you may be.  If you celebrate Hanukah or the solstice or other celebration at this darkest time of the year in the northern hemisphere, my wish is that you find joy.  May your celebration fill your spaces that need filling.  May you find richness and comfort in the sunshine or the fog. May you find a little bit of rain if that is what you need.  But Merry Christmas from me. 





No comments: