Monday 28 October 2019

Looking for Inspiration

Yup. The lull is hitting me big time.  I have been knitting a little, slogging away at sleeves, pondering the coat project.  

The need for the coat is becoming urgent.  Cold hit yesterday with some ferocity.  No serious snow but the cold has arrived.  The coat slipped from small pending need to urgent as the wind blew in.

I am very close to the end of the second sleeve.  I am looking forward to that. Sleeves can be irritating.  No doubt about that. The length of the green on the sleeve has been determined by how far the lone ball of green allotted to sleeve one went.  There will be grey at the cuff too, but that part will be knit later for both sleeves.  I'd like to get past the green first.



The thing I have been pondering is pockets.  The easy thing is patch pockets, but I think I prefer a side seam pocket that is tucked away,  almost hidden.    I could do an afterthought pocket too and that is why there is pocket pondering. 

I am going to continue pondering today but as usual after a big knit is complete, I'm going to go dig in the yarn.  It is time for a good toss of the boxes, and I need the inspiration that digging in yarn gives me.  I need the colors, I need the textures, I need the cozy feeling that playing in something I dearly love gives me.  

There may be some knitting with Einband later today.  If nothing else works, that will. There is always inspiration in the Icelandic.  

No comments: