Monday 8 April 2019

And so it goes

Suddenly it is done. As fast as it began, it is over.   The babysitting I was doing all winter long is over because mom's job is finished.  We all knew it was temp and we knew it was very very close to finished, but it feels just a bit odd now that it done.  I will miss playing with my kiddies every day, but I will not miss getting up early and hitting the road early in the morning, and I will not miss being away from home all day and I will not miss  not having my own routine. 

So I find myself sitting here wondering how to proceed.Which task of all the things I wanted to accomplish this winter do I want to start with?  

I ended up taking along the Einband to my retreat and I started work on an Icelandic shawl, Dyrfinnustadhyrna med blundu by Sigridur Halldorsdottir from the Lovely book, Three Cornered and Long Shawls.  It took a bit of thinking and debating to choose one, but I started this one because though I want to knit them all, this one started with a cast on of 12 stitches.  In a large group of people and lots of conversation, 12 stitches was easily done.  


I didn't get huge swaths done, but I did a lot of looking before beginning,and a lot of chatting.  Probably too much chatting.  Oh how I love to knit with this yarn.

And then when I returned from the retret, it was to find this.  

 

The very large cone of  UKI 3/2 Astra to  Knit with the three partial cones I picked up while on my epic adventure last summer.  I'm going to save this knitting for the heat of high summer.

te rest of today's adventures are yet to be determined, but will include varying amounts of unpacking, laundry, and doing dishes (Yes, I was away but the landlord saved me the dishes.  It's okay though.  I think he has the flu or at least a bad cold.)  Generic mundane household tasks.  In my house.  All day.  Which is just fine.

Going to miss seeing Cassie and Marcus everyday though. No getting round that.


No comments: