Friday 1 March 2019

I finished up 2 pairs of socks yesterday.  No pictures but perhaps tomorrow.  From each of the very generous skeins there will be enough to make another pair, with a little help from the scrap and ends bag.  There are,once again, a lot of end to choose from.  

When I moved book cases before Christmas, I found a very large bag of sock yarn ends.  I didn't  think  I had that many but when they were all collected in one place, it is a lot.  I put the sock ends in a nice tidy 1x1x1  cube box all its on own and as of yesterday when I put away these sock ends, it was full and near to overflowing.  

Overflowing would not be good so the next socks I make have to deal with some of the pile.  Not just socks either.  Sock yarn would make really nice wristwarmers  for warm nights and now that March has arrived,  it is timr to think about and prepare for summer's heat.    

I've be been thinking too of a book of wristwarmers I bought a while from Cat Bordhi.  Most of the yarns used are Dk weight but I think there are a few that are lighter yarns or that would adapt to lighter yarns beautifully. There is a braided thing she does for one wrister that is just lovey. 

Today's knitting  is the rest of the Libra shawĺ.  I really would like to get the long garter stitch rows done and out of my hair.  I love the product and I loved knitting it but time is, it was done.  There are so many other stunning things to do.  

So me and my partner in crime, Marcus

Are off and running.

No comments: