Monday 4 March 2019

A Weekend's Worth of Work.

Pictures!  of the two pairs of socks I finished last Thursday


And then the weekend.  You know, sometimes, I feel like knitting big stuff on weekends and I make amazing headway and sometimes, that doesn't work out.  Big stuff didn't happen this weekend, and I am okay with it.  It is curling season and socks are really the best curling knitting.

With finishing socks last week, I needed to get some other new socks on the needles. I had decided that I could knit one more pair of colourful socks and then I hd to knit something with a plain sock yarn.  I have a lot of plain sock yarn on hand and I really would like to see some of it get used up. 

I'm still knitting spring.  If spring won't show up naturally, I am darn well going to knit spring into existence.


We have plain socks in Kroy Mexicali Stripes and some plain but very cheerful and bright yellow Phil Folk 50.  For the plain yarn I have chosen a pattern called Spring Forward by Linda Welch.  I wanted a pattern that I could still knit fairly intuitively while playing with the kids, and one that I could access easily when I am not at home.  No pattern from one of my sock books this time.  Next time for that.

I knit half of the first pattern repeat when I realized that there was something quite familiar about this design.  I went looking.  It is a variation of this kind of pattern which I knit last year.


So, the joke is on me, but that is okay.  I did enjoy knitting it and it does answer my needs right now. 

I also made a kind of executive decision this weekend about the socks that were just waiting for a heel.  I did not feel like having a heel day but I had  bag full of socks ready but for heels and it was bursting.  My sock drawer is a bit low on socks right now.  Heels all seem to die at the same time, probably because I do these mass migrations to the sock drawer every once in a while.  So I have all but one pair that have become tube socks.  It's all good but for one small flaw in the plan. 

You know how I mentioned that the sock ends box is looking a bit full?  Yup.  Overflowing now.  Need to deal with that and I know just what I am going to do.  I just have to find the needles... 

1 comment:

The Pup said...

These are gorgeous blue socks. I almost want to learn how to knit just to have socks like these, but I've tried to learn twice and had no luck. I suspect it takes years of needling to get socks with yarn that fine and no gnarliness.

Don't downplay your handiwork!