Tuesday 5 March 2019

Back to Hun

I am working on Hun today. 


I did yesterday as well.  And have precious little to show.  I remember why I set it down now.  It's getting to 'that' point.

I'm getting close to the next green section and am looking forward to it to put in some considerable thinking.  I have only one stranded section left and the sweater isn't near long enough for my liking.  I need to pick another motif. That's always fun.  

The other thing I am finding is that I have lots of yarn.  


Two part bags that would make one full bag.


and two full bags. I don't need all this to finish this sweater.  

These same colours as I am using for the sweater.  I remember buying them at RCY.  They were not bringing in more Lett Lopi at the time, so I decided to take all this orphan yarn home.  I already had the idea to knit Hun, and felt the strong feeling that I was going to run out of the green.  I am laughing so hard at this that my eyes are watering a lot.  I am sure I am a bit daft.  Maybe more than a bit.

Such is my stash.  And such is the way of yarn.  At least at my house.  I will knit a vest to wear with the sweater, something more of a regular Icelandic vest I think.  Though something plain would be better to stand with the lovely colourwork of this sweater.  I bet I could knit a second sweater with what remains.  Perhaps that will be more clearly Icelandic in style.

And now, off to knit again and finish up this section. We shall see what the day holds.

No comments: