Wednesday 6 March 2019

Slow Clothing, Hun Style

Hun is moving along nicely.  I wish I could say swiftly, but that is not the way of knitting.  Knitting is slow clothing.  


I've just finished the second last motif and I am so pleased with it.  I'd like to get down to the last motif today, so that by the time I get my next set of days off, I have another interesting section to do.  

I don't know if you can see it here but I added another shade to the colourwork.  Let's try this shot.


I added in one more of the creamy natural tones, this time just slightly darker and warmer, so the shades reached peak lightness at the centre.  I will probably do the same on the last pattern motif.

I did spend time yesterday searching for another motif or two so I can lengthen the sweater without repeating.  I have settled on two different designs.  

Number one is a rose motif from the pattern Freyja Lopapeysa by Ragga Eiriksdottir.  The rose is lovely and would look great set below the snowflake that comes next. 

The other motif is a sweet little Icelandic horse from the book 150 Scandinavian Motifs by Mary Jane Mucklestone.  He's too sweet not to consider.  

Lots to do today.  Some sewing, some household errands, some knitting when the curling is on.  

I ought to also say how much I love this time if year. The sun is up before 7, the curling is into Scotties and Briers and Worlds, and F1 begins in a few short days.  The sun is warm and spring isn't too far off now.  I have all the early spring energy and nowhere to put it just yet but into my knitting.  Slow clothing is going to proceed just a little faster than average.


No comments: